Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.tropicalenergysolutions.es.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Tropical Energy Solutions’ Website and its monitoring services and applications.
By purchasing our services we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use our services if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
“Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing our services and applications and accepting the Tropical Energy Solutions’ terms and conditions.
“Tropical Energy Solutions”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our business.
“Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of providing our services to the Client in the most appropriate manner.
In accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Spain. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Tropical Energy Solutions and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all Tropical Energy Solutions applications. All intellectual property rights are reserved.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time to amend these terms and conditions, the latest version of the terms and conditions will always be published on our website and there is a link in your application to view these. By continuing to use our services and applications, you agree to be bound to and abide by these terms and conditions.
Content and Service Liability
Whilst the aim of the service is to collect and provide you hourly readings from the smart meter on a 24-hour interval and to analyse this data so as to provide you with an early warning of a potential leak or excessive water usage. It is still your responsibility to take action on this information. Tropical Energy Solutions will not be liable financially or otherwise for any failure to act on your part or any cost of the actions required.
Our technology utilises radio waves and can be interrupted for short periods as a result of storms, other weather conditions and power outages. It also utilises a third party internet provider to send the data from our masts to our servers. Again we cannot be liable for any in access to data during this period and the data will be updated upon reconnection, at that time any necessary warnings will be raised.
Should the smart water meter provided to you by us fail, we will know as we will fail to receive notification, or we will receive an error alert or very low battery warning. Provided you still have an active paid for monitoring service with us we will replace the meter free of charge.
Termination of service and refunds
You can terminate your service at any time.
If it’s after the first year, and if you have more than 6 months left on your monitoring service contract then upon request you will receive a 45 euro refund.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our services and associated data (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this document Are subject to the preceding paragraph; and govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the services and applications provide an early warning notification of unusual or excessive leaks, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature. You accept it is your responsibility to interpret and act on this information, to minimise the financial impact.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Business collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, and property address.
- As a result of the service, you sign up to we also collect the data on your properties water usage per hour.
- We do not collect or store your payment details.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our business with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, email WhatsApp or Facebook.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Our business may also receive your data indirectly if you have agreed to share your data with another service provider and agreed that they can share it with us.
How will we use your data?
Our business collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Provide to our installation partners so they correctly fit your smart water meter.
- Process your smart meter data readings to provide the service we provide.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Share with local water companies, if you have specifically given us permission to do so.
- Share with any plumber or gardener, pool business or leak detection business that you have specifically asked our business to share to.
- Anyone you have added as an additional contact to be notified in case of a warning or alert.
- Anyone else that you have authorised to monitor your usage on your behalf.
How do we store your data?
Our business securely stores your data at our datacentre, where it can only be accessed by our authorised staff or by your application once you have logged in with your credentials. Or by a third party that you have authorised to monitor your usage, via an application that we provide to them.
Our business will keep your data for as long as you have a service with us, and for a further 45 days. After this time or at any time with your request, we will securely delete all of the live data we hold related to you.
Our business would like to send you information about products and services.
We will not send you any other marketing material unless we specifically request that you allow or wish us to and you accept. This will always come with a clear option for you to opt out.
What are your data protection rights?
Our business would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request our business for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our business correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our business to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our business erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our business restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our business’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our business transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +34 665 54 29 21
Or email us: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you about how long you stayed on any page and what pages you visited. This is done to help us improve the website experience for our potential clients.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Understand the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our business uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our business uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our business sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at [email protected]
Call us: +34 665 54 29 21